This panel evaluates the most common allergens found in the northeastern United States. Allergies are a result of your immune system's response.
Anyone who suffers from seasonal allergy symptoms including:
- Runny nose
- Itchy, red or watery eyes
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy nose, roof of mouth or throat
- Postnasal drip
- Sinus pressure and pain
- Frequent awakening
- Swollen, dark circles under your eyes
- Raised, red patches of skin (hives)
- Itchy skin
If this test confirms you are allergic to any of the tested allergens, you may want to follow up with your primary care provider or an allergy specialist.
Total IgE along with the following specific IgE allergens:
- Tree Pollens: Box Elder/Maple, Elm, Oak, Silver Birch, Walnut
- Grass Pollens: Bermuda, Meadow/Kentucky Blue (June), Orchard, Rye, Timothy
- Weed Pollens: Common ragweed, English plantain, Goosefoot (Lamb’s quarters), Russian thistle (Saltwort)
- Molds: Alternaria alternata, Aspergillus fumigatus, Cladosporium herbarium, Helminthosporium halodes, Penicillium notatum
- Miscellaneous: House dust mites: D. pteronyssius and D. farinae, House dust/Hollister-Stier Labs, Cat dander, Dog dander, Cockroach
There is no preparation for this test.
For more information on this test, go to labtestsonline.org.