This profile checks for many common causes of anemia. If you are anemic, your blood cannot carry enough oxygen to your body, causing you to feel tired.
Anyone who suffers from chronic tiredness or who has the following conditions, which could lead to anemia:
- Heavy periods
- Colon polyps or colon cancer
- Inherited disorders
- A diet low in iron, folic acid or vitamin B12
- Certain blood disorders
- G6PD deficiency, a metabolic disorder
- Reticulocyte Count, Whole Blood
- Complete Blood Count with Automated Differential
- Folic Acid, Serum
- Total Iron Binding Capacity Profile
- Vitamin B12
There is no preparation for this test.
Some of these tests could indicate a serious health issue. If your results are critical for any of these tests, we will contact you as soon as we have your results no matter what time of day or night it is.
Packages can only be ordered one at a time so that your draw visit is as comfortable as possible. Please note, you can still order profiles, single tests and screens when you order a package.
For more information on this test, go to labtestsonline.org.